Thursday, 20 December 2012

Painting Ronin Day 1

I am going to try and keep a diary of my efforts during this winter challenge, some day I may not have much to show or say but we will see how I go.
The first figures into the firing line are FIW mostly from Redoubt I have 12 Indians and 18 Highlanders. Below you can see the first paint on the indians (a dark flesh) and the Highlanders ready to go.

I was a little worried that if I paint too many figures this winter I would see the bottom of my lead pile and as all gamers know this puts you in mortal danger because if you have nothing to paint the CinC (your other half) might find jobs around that house that you will have no excuse not to do. So to avoid this Dad and I have decided that we need more French SYW and the reinforcements arrived today.
Anyway I had a good 2 hours on the brushes tonight and have completed the flesh and hair on the 12 Indians as you can see below. Tomorrow I will complete these 12 and do the flesh on the highlanders (these guys will be finished with a good dip.



3 comments:

  1. Nicely done

    I too have put in an order to replenish the lead pile just in case - one can't have too many toy soldiers!

    Miles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start James and like you I've had to call up a few reinforcements!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers Guys,
    It always better to be safe than sorry when it comes to the lead pile
    Peace James

    ReplyDelete