Plans for 2012...
I have been wargaming since I was a lad, but I have never played or owned an army from the Napoleonic era, why?
I guess the real answer would be that growing up the only guys I met who played Nap were for want of a better word ” up themselves”, and full of how fantastic their period and figures were . This and the complex’s uniforms never had me rushing to buy and paint any figures.
Till now!!
One of the commission jobs I have done this year was a large unit of Nap Prussian and you know what I enjoyed it, that along with the Black Powder rules has made me look at the many plastic Nap sets available and I have a cunning plan.
I along with a lot of other people found a new love for the period through the Sharpe books (or films if you do not read much). In the books the first major battle Sharpe is involved with is Talavera this battle has always stuck with me and a little digging has found loads of research and a great book by Andrew W. Field entitled “ Talavera Wellington’s First Victory in Spain” ISBN 1-84415-268-5. This has a great full break down of the British forces involved in the battle.
My plan for the next year or so is to build up the whole army based up for BP I will work out a ratio that gives me a workable size for the units but I plan to base them on big blocks that will be part base part diorama. I am going to Blog the whole project and keep a running total of the time taken and the cost of figures and materials.
I will be doing pure TT figures mostly with the Army Builder Dips & sprays, by this I hope to show that with a little elbow grease and hard work anyone can produce a great looking TT Napoleonic army. When I can along the way I will do Tutorials and show where I obtain my materials. This is not going to be a speed project but one I will fall back on when I have no commission work to do.
Other work that is on the books for me in 2012 is an ongoing French Indian war project and a couple of ancient armies to complete.
Once I have a blog up and going I will provide a link for anyone who would like to follow it.



Bring it on James! This sounds brilliant idea, I for one will certainly be following. Good luck and all the best, Michael.
ReplyDeleteI look forward to seeing how this goes, I've tried and failed on a couple of occasions to pick up a Napoleonic force.
ReplyDelete