Sunday, 27 February 2011

WAB GT army pictures

Well I had a great break last week after a poor GT for me. I went to the GT straight from work and it was a very cold day, in fact the start was delayed as some guys were stuck in snow. The venue had no heating and did not warm up till game 3, by which time the cold and leaning over tables had done for my back. Despite getting a good hot bath that evening I was still in too much pain to make it to day 2.
 As for the 3 games I did play I was thrashed in all, game 1 and 2 were against Greek phalanx so while I had a re roll of misses on round one I was fighting 2 ranks all the time. The few close victories I did have were over turned by oracle points (both rolled 10). My third game went the same way but against thrusting spears (so 2 ranks always again), this one could have been closer as my noble cav destroyed his top cav unit but then they failed their panic and fled the table.
 Over all I enjoyed the games but not the event, i think I will not be going to any more. It did get me to paint up my Celts through so that was a great plus. below are pictures of my army.








2 comments:

  1. Very impressive Celt army - sorry to hear the event's facility wasn't much fun to play in.

    I have never won a game when debuting a new army either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bad luck 'ol boy, best your troops get losing out of their system early on so they can concentrate on winning down the track.

    No fun gaming when the conditions are miserable

    PP

    ReplyDelete