Well it is almost here tomorrow is the first Blog-Con, it seems to have been in the planning for ages but is was in fact only 27th June when I posted that Blog-Con was on. I think that as a whole community we should be patting ourselves on the back for pulling together at putting on what I am sure will be a fantastic event, it is so great how things have come together, in only the last 48 hours I have been able to add a Napoleonic 6mm game and a Rouge Trader game to the list of games, I am so please that we have such a great painter and Andres to share his skills.
As to how I feel well I am excited, nervous, tired, hyper and many other things all at once, I did not sleep well today I awoke at 13:50 and my brain switched its self up to 11 so no chance of catching more sleep (I usually sleep to 15:30). I am at work as I type but have taken tonight off. This means I can sleep before travelling over to Foundry but more important lets me have a family meal tonight as our celebration of my 40th, I do not know many wives who would be happy for their hubby's to disappear for the weekend but Liz is a star. So tonight I will enjoy a Chinese banquet with my family before loading the car and hitting the sheets. I will be up early to get my boys walked and fed before I jump in the car and set off. I am picking up Mike at Stoke-On-Trent and onward to Nottingham and Foundry for 9.
I will try and take as many pictures as possible but I may find myself buzzing all around the place and forget. I am happy to say that the offer of Birthday Cake I teased you with before has come to pass my Mum has kindly cooked a couple of cakes for all to enjoy, and if you were not aware I am not the only one having a "big" Birthday +Gary Amos is also do the celebrate his birthday over the weekend so double fun.
I have packed almost all the stuff I plan on taking and I am taking the chance tooffload recycle some of my lead pile with some 1/350 planes going to Ian and a large box of old GW stuff going towards the Oldhammer boys.
Anyway not much of a hobby post but wanted to get something posted as it may be next week before I have time to post again.
As to how I feel well I am excited, nervous, tired, hyper and many other things all at once, I did not sleep well today I awoke at 13:50 and my brain switched its self up to 11 so no chance of catching more sleep (I usually sleep to 15:30). I am at work as I type but have taken tonight off. This means I can sleep before travelling over to Foundry but more important lets me have a family meal tonight as our celebration of my 40th, I do not know many wives who would be happy for their hubby's to disappear for the weekend but Liz is a star. So tonight I will enjoy a Chinese banquet with my family before loading the car and hitting the sheets. I will be up early to get my boys walked and fed before I jump in the car and set off. I am picking up Mike at Stoke-On-Trent and onward to Nottingham and Foundry for 9.
I will try and take as many pictures as possible but I may find myself buzzing all around the place and forget. I am happy to say that the offer of Birthday Cake I teased you with before has come to pass my Mum has kindly cooked a couple of cakes for all to enjoy, and if you were not aware I am not the only one having a "big" Birthday +Gary Amos is also do the celebrate his birthday over the weekend so double fun.
I have packed almost all the stuff I plan on taking and I am taking the chance to
Anyway not much of a hobby post but wanted to get something posted as it may be next week before I have time to post again.
![]() |
| Me with my Wife Liz and Mackie and Toddy (our Scotties) and Tango |
![]() |
| Me and my Boy Mackie chilling on Holiday last month |


Me and Ray are travelling up tonight, see you Saturday.
ReplyDeleteI have to disagree this is one FULLY PACKED hobby post. Really looking forward to the weekend.
ReplyDeleteThe Nap's game is actually participation for anyone who wants a go and I will bring some spare copies of the rules for any one who wants to have a play
Ian
I am looking forward and will be about tomorrow and game should be packed and ready for Sunday.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday James, and have a great time at the Con!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday James. I'll be driving up on Sunday to join in the fun. I'm really looking forward to it (the Con not the drive).
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday, James. See you tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteHave a great event! I'm sorry I couldn't swing a trip across the pond to attend - perhaps next year
ReplyDeleteMiles
I really hope this event is a big success as I want to attend the next BlogCon. Various commitments have conspired to prevent me from going this time. Looking forward to seeing the reports and photos.
ReplyDeleteGood luck.
Regards,
Matt
Wish I was on that side o the pond so I could join you.
ReplyDeleteI think this is a cool event you've all pulled together.
Many happy returns and many congratulations at putting this thing together. Sorry I won't be able to make it (real life intervening) but I'm sure you will all have a blast and it'll be a great success. All the best!
ReplyDeleteVery many Happy Returns and I'm sure the weekend will be fantastic!
ReplyDelete