Tuesday, 22 March 2011

Bodyguard Done, Zulu War WIP 2

Well it been a slow few days for me, been under the weather. I have managed a few hours on the brush which was enough to complete the bodyguard (just bases left), and i made a good start on the Zulu war figures. I like how the flesh turned out but the trousers are a little light for my taste, I am going to leave them as is because I plan to sell these off and someone will not mind the lighter trousers I am sure.



4 comments:

  1. Excellent painted figures James!
    Last picture, the one on the left reminds me on Lt Chard in the movie Zulu ;-)
    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice start on the Empress drift set, a wash of dark blue would knock the blue back a bit on the trousers. I start with dark prussion blue and work up, ocasionally knocking back with the watered down prussion blue if needed.seems to work ok for me.

    looking good so far, nice flesh tones

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful wullies James, they have come up a treat ol' boy. Smart redcoats.

    PP

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Peter the set is based on the hollywood film Zulu very nice figures
    cheers all for looking in on me I love the feedback
    Peace James

    ReplyDelete