So here I am starting my third winter challenge, it seemed
fitting that this forms my return to the hobby when it was into the first month
of the forth challenge when I fell out of love with painting and gaming. I am
already staggered with the output of (to me) new challengers and I look forward
to getting to know the people behind this talent.
![]() |
| not changed much just the hair has slipped |
In the spirit of returning my first entry throws back to a
young James who in 1989 was all about the GW and Warhammer, I had been one of
the kids who watch the channel four NFL show so when GW released and game based
on football but set in the Warhammer world I was sold. I played Blood bowl with
a human team for a good year or two and if exams had not got in the way I would
probably have been one of those who kept the game alive as a cult classic
since. But while I did not play BB again I did keep the passion so after a
commission opened my eyes to the vast collection of BB miniatures from other
companies I started to collect them with a view to one day restarting.
![]() |
| My Christmas Day haul |
Giving yourself only 5 days to complete your Dad’s Christmas
present with no plan B might seem mad to some but anyone who watched my output
in my first Winter challenge will know I work best with tight a schedule.
I love the character in these figures the faces are the real
star of the sculpts, the team consists of 2 throwers 2 blitzes 2 Black Orc
Blockers and 8 linemen. All the numbers are free hand and the base has colour
mark so indicate the position.
I continue to work on other figures ready for my second entry been working on some fantastic 40mm Rifles.










These are great James. There's nothing like a deadline to spur production. Nice work!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful rifleman, well done!
ReplyDeleteGreat work James.
ReplyDeleteGreat work nothing like a little pressure to prime the paint pot
ReplyDeleteThose riflemen are fantastic, but I'm slobbering over those Blood Bowl minis. I have too many irons in the fire, miniature wise, to add another to the fold, but I'm sorely tempted by the Blood Bowl stuff. I never got into it, back in the day, but loved the adverts and pics that were in the old White Dwarfs. Someday!
ReplyDeleteWhile fake Omega Hong Kong experienced strong growth and mainland China really took off, the American watch market was strongly fake Hublot affected by the financial crisis of 2008. However, things have been reversing since 2015, with the decrease of “gifting” practices fake Cartier in China, then the political troubles in Hong Kong, now the pandemic. Interestingly, the most successful Swiss watch brands today have a balanced exposure fake Patek Philippe to global markets and are particularly strong in the United States, without being overly exposed to the Chinese market. I think a new balance will appear, with a renewed interest in the American market, as fake Panerai dependence on Chinese consumption has clearly shown its limits. The buyout of Tourneau by Bucherer and the strong expansion of Watches fake Tag Heuer of Switzerland in America are signs in this direction. The US market was a close second to Hong Kong last year in total Swiss watch fake Audemars Piguet exports.
ReplyDeletenice works
ReplyDeleteubud wheels